Many of the errors are pretty much easy to solve because they are labeled with an error code. But some errors show no error codes, and they are hard to solve. “An error has occurred” is one of those errors and doesn’t have any error code. In this article, we will discuss how to fix this issue on your PlayStation.
Fix:1 Verifying the PSN Account
It is the most common solution for this type of errors. You have to verify your PSN account through an email confirmation link. Follow the instructions below to verify your PSN account:
- Go to your email app and then enter your ID and Password that is associated with your PSN account. You can use your favorite internet browser to open your emails if you are using a PC.
- Now look for the email that is sent to you by the PlayStation team for the PSN verification. Open the mail and open the link that they have mentioned in that verification mail.
- Your PSN account will be automatically verified. Now you can check for the problem. If the error is still there, then you might want to try our second method.
Fix 2: Making a New Account with Another Email Address
If you are unable to verify your account, then you may want to create another account to confirm it with your PlayStation. This method can solve your issue, so let’s begin:
- Turn on your PS4 and go to New User option. When you reach the PlayStation Log-in tab, click on the “Create a User” or “User 1” options.
- It will create a local user on your PS4 automatically, well it is not a PSN account.
- Now hit the Next button and then select the “New to PlayStation Network? Create an Account.
- Then click on Sign Up Now.
- If you click the Skip button on the screen, then you can play games offline right there. You can sign up for PSN later by navigating to your avatar on the home screen of your console.
- If you are using your PS4 first time, then you should navigate to the profile of the User 1 on the home screen of your console. There you need to enter the details and other preferences and then hit the Next button on each screen.
- If you are below 18, then you will only be able to play offline mode. You will need permission from an adult to play the online mode.
- If you are 18 plus, then while entering the payment methods you will be asked to enter your address, There you need to enter the same address which was used on your card billing address. Otherwise, it can also cause some errors and issues.
- While entering the email address ensure that you have logged in to the email address because you will receive a verification link on it.
- Now create the Online ID and type your first name and last name. Your public name will be your account’s online ID, and the other people will see your Online ID as your name.
- Now select your Sharing, Messaging, and Friends preferences, and these preferences will only personalize your account.
- If you are younger than 18 years, then your account can be verified by an adult.
- Now open your email app and check for the verification link they have sent to you.
- If there is no mail from the PlayStation team, then check the spam folder.
Howdy, I’m Lily Johnsol. I’m a software engineer living in Manhattan, New York. I am a fan of technology, photography, and design. I’m also interested in music and blogging. You can visit my website office.com/setup.