Time-Lapse is a handy feature, and it is used to boost the playback speed in a movie or video. Think if you want to make a clip of clouds, which are moving rapidly in the sky, to get that effect in your clip, you will need to enhance the playback speed. Time-Lapse is a technique which increases the speed of a clip. iMovie is one of the best video editing software of all time, and it offers many essential functions to its users, such as time-lapse.
If you want to learn how to use the time-lapse feature in iMovie app, then this article will help you to do just that. Let’s get started.
How to Use Time-Lapse Feature in iMovie on Your Mac?
The iMovie 10 allows you to speed up a video up to 20 times more than your average video speed. If you also got iMovie 10 on your Mac, then it is good news because you can get the fastest time-lapse when compared to its old versions. To start using the Time-Lapse feature on your Mac, see the instructions given below:
- Navigate to the iMovie app on your Mac
- After the app opens, go to ‘File” located in the upper menu.
- Now choose the “Import” option from the list to load the video from your Mac. If you want to import the video directly from your camera, then choose the “Import from Camera” option.
- Now you have to hold the video thumbnail inside “My Media” and drag it to the timeline located in the bottom.
- After that, you will see that your clip is divided into multiple frames over the timeline. Now click on the clip appeared on your timeline.
- Now tap on “clock” icon appearing at the media preview area which is located at the top of the editor.
- There you have to decide the speed of your clip according to your choice.
- Finally, tap the share button to save the video on your storage. It also allows one to share it over social media channels such as YouTube, Facebook, and more.
How to Make Time-Lapse on iPhone and iPad?
If you have iMovie on your iOS device, then it will allow you to create time-lapse even on your phone or tablet. If you haven’t installed the iMovie app on your device, then do it now by visiting your Apple App Store. See the instructions below to learn how to use this feature on your iPhone or iPad:
- Open the iMovie app.
- Now go to ‘Projects’ from the top of your screen.
- After that press on the “Create Project” option.
- Browse and import a video file in which you want to make time-lapse.
- Now select your clip located in the timeline. You will see a tiny toolbox at the bottom of your display.
- Click on the “clock” button appeared on the bottom-left of your device. Just after that, you will see a speed adjusting slider.
- Now adjust the speed bar slider to enhance and decrease the speed of your clip.
- Finally hit the ‘Done’ button.
The edited clip will now be saved inside the iMovie album.
Kellie Minton is a qualified IT engineer by education. After working in the IT sector for a decade, she began writing about it two years ago. She loves to write about emerging technology like office.com/setup.