The Photos app for iOS automatically identifies faces and people, making it easier for you to sort out pictures. This is done with the help of machine learning. If you want to know how to find and identify people and faces in your iPhone or iPad’s Photos app, then read on.
Hot to See People & Faces in Photos Application
If you want to see people & faces in Photos application, then you need to follow the instructions given below.
- First of all, you have to launch the Photos application on your iOS device.
- After that, you should tap on the Albums option.
- Then you have to tap on People album.
- Thereafter, you should select the person or face to see their collection.
Change the Name of People in the Photos Application
You can change the names of people in the Photos application. Here are the instructions given below.
- Get started by going to the People album to choose a person or face.
- After that, you should select the “+Add Name” option.
- Enter the name, when you are typing the name, you will notice the auto complete suggestions will start showing up from the contacts.
- You can select the suggestion or input the name yourself.
- Now, press Done.
Steps to Move Misidentified Faces or People Out of the Photos App
If you want to move misidentified faces or people out of the Photos app, then you need to follow the instructions given below.
- To begin with, go to the People album, choose a person or face.
- After that, you should tap on the Select button.
- When you are not sure which picture you would like to correct, tap on Show All.
- If you want to zoom the photo thumbnail to identify the person, tap on Show Faces.
- Now, choose a thumbnail (or multiple thumbnails).
- Thereafter tap on Share option.
- Later, you should choose the Not This Person option.
Adding Favorite People or Faces in Photos Application
You can add favorite people or faces in the Photos application. Here are the instructions given below.
- First & foremost, go to the Albums tab and launch the People album.
- After that, you should tap on the heart icon on the person you want.
Combine Many People & faces Collections into the Single Person in Photos Application
If you want to combine many people & faces collections into the single person in Photos application, then you need to follow the instructions given below.
- First, you have to go to the Albums tab and launch the People album.
- After that, you should tap on Select.
- Later, you have to choose the people or faces collections that you would like to merge.
- Now, tap on Merge and again to confirm.
By following the instructions mentioned in the blog, you will be successfully able to identify people and faces in the Photos app for iOS devices.
Devin Smith is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Devin has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.